Friday, June 15, 2012

I am Scared of the Internet.


P6121454


P6121466


P6121450

I spent too much time tonight reading a website where people spend a lot of time picking on certain fashion/personal style blogs and the like. It was a dumb thing to do, but it made me think about why exactly I have problems keeping up with writing this blog. I'm uncomfortable with the prospect of what people on the internet might say if they come across my silly little blog.
I worry that people will be snotty about the fact that I have a very limited idea of how to dress my body, and that I don't wear make-up (probably pretty rare for a blogger), or that this shirt is kind of see-through and there's yard-waste bags in the background and I don't know how to use Photoshop (....or am too lazy to put it on my computer....which is the truth) and I'm so dang bad at writing posts sometimes.

So it's probably good that this little will most likely never get many readers outside my family/close friends. I'm not sure I'd be ready for how negative and mean the internet can be. And I know that it would just reinforce the anxieties I already have about putting pictures of myself on the internet.

uuuuh. Close up?
P6121484


ANYWAY. This outfit post was not really supposed to happen. I greeted Joe the other day with my camera in hand which sometimes means "plz take picturez of meeee" but that day it really just meant I had been taking pictures of daylilies a few minutes before. Still, pictures happened somehow.


Shirt: Old Navy
Jeans: Forever 21 +
Shoes: Payless (gift)
Bracelet: Vintage? (my mom's)


1 comment:

  1. First of all, that shirt is the bomb.
    Secondly, I understand and I feel the same way, but that is the magic of the internet, that not everybody has to see it, but the people who want to can really easily!
    Thirdly, I know I'm just one of your close family/friends, but I really really love these reminders of how beautiful you are and how you are like uh growing up and being a lady and stuff.
    Fourthly, you inspire me to want to dress better and more thoughtfully myself! SO THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete